Singer Featherweight C240 Sewing Machine
10 Year Warranty & FREE UK Delivery
We are delighted the Featherweight is back! Known for its compact and portable design and its formidable power. The Singer C240 Featherweight is testament to its ancestry.
The C240 has a solid aluminum chassis and is amazingly good looking for such a chunky and beautiful machine. With 70 stitches and no dials, it has a very clean uncluttered appearance. It comes with a hard cover which is rare for a mid range machine such as this. The cover is used for storage while not being used and to protect the machine while transporting to and from classes.
There's plenty of storage built-in to the machine in the removable free arm which has compartments in both the front and the back for all of your accessories.
The standard accessories with the C240 are:
General Purpose Foot 0A for IEF System,
All Purpose Foot 1A for IEF System,
Satin Stitch Foot 2A,
Blind Hem Foot 3 for IEF System,
Zipper Foot 4 for IEF System,
Buttonhole Foot 5B,
Seam Ripper/Lint Brush, Edge/Quilting Guide, Clearance Plate, Pack of Needles, Bobbins, Spool Caps, Auxiliary Spool Pin, Spool Pin Felt, Screwdriver, and Hard Cover
Whats the IEF System?
It's incredible is what it is! The Singer C240 has the new Integrated Even Feed System for sewing perfect seams.
IEF feeds the top fabric layer in perfect sync with the bottom fabric layer, which working together forwards or backwards gives no fabric slippage for flat seams.
Sew all manner of fabrics: from sheer to denim – even leather, thanks to the Integrated Even Feed System which feeds fabric evenly from both the top and bottom, so you can sew even difficult fabrics with confidence.
As you can see from the animation both the top and the lower feed teeth, together move the fabric in perfect synchronization.
Seams in napped fabrics like velvet and corduroy, as well as quilt layers, won't shift. Sewing over thick areas like hems in jeans is a breeze.
Because it's computerised a host of other exciting features; Engage the Programmable Needle Up/Down button to have your needle stop down in the fabric, which is great for applique, pivoting around a pocket corner or free-motion sewing.
There is an electronic Speed Control so that you can set the machine's maximum or minimum speed – slower for more intricate projects or faster for larger projects like curtains, duvet covers and more.
Your selected stitch appears on the LCD screen, and by pressing the Info Button, the machine even advises you on which presser foot to use for that stitch.
The Top Drop-in Bobbin is transparent, making it easy to monitor thread supply so you won't run out of thread in the middle of a seam!
Bright LED light illuminates the sewing bed. Store accessories in the removable sleeve-arm extension arm.
- Built-In Stitches (70) Choose from a variety of stitches for basic sewing, decorative sewing, and more
- One-Step Buttonhole (3) Buttonholes are sewn in one easy step. Just place the button in the buttonhole foot and the machine sews a buttonhole perfectly sized for that button, delivering consistent results every time.
- Built-In Needle Threader Effortlessly threads the eye of the needle eliminating eye strain and saving you time.
- Top Drop In Bobbin transparent bobbin and cover allow you to monitor your thread supply so you don't run out of thread in the middle of a seam.
- Tie-Off Button, tie-off the stitch and stop sewing automatically.
- Drop Feed, Slide it back and turn the hand-wheel one full turn to raise the feed teeth again.
- Adjustable Stitch Length increasing or decreasing the distance between stitches. Use this function for various stitch techniques like applique, basting and more.
- Adjustable Stitch Width to make the stitch sew narrower or wider as desired.
- Auto Tension System Select your stitch and the machine will adjust the tensions automatically.
- Dual Voltage this machine can be used globally without the need of a power converter.
|Complimentary||10 Year Warranty & FREE UK Delivery|
|Guarantee||Manufacturers 2 Year, Our 10 Year Extended Warranty Applies|
|Approximate Weight (kg)||9.2|
|Dimensions||H34 x W42 x D25 cm|
|Electronic Foot Pedal||Yes|
|Bobbin Location||Top Loading|
|View Through Bobbin Cover||Yes|
|Hard Cover Included||Yes|
|Auto Thread Tension||Yes|
|Built-in Threader||Advanced Automatic|
|Utility Stitches||Straight, Zig-Zag, Multi Zigzag, Blind Hem, Stretch Blind Hem, Straight Stretch, Overlock Stretch, Scallop, Ric Rac, Honeycomb, Herringbone, Applique, Sew-On Buttons, Quilting Stitches, Plus decorative patterns|
|Buttonhole Steps||1 Step Auto|
|Max Speed Setting (spm)||Yes|
|Needle Up/Down Function||Yes|
|Built-in Top Feed||Yes|
|Built-in Drop Feed||Yes|
|Hook Movement||Smooth Rotary Action|
|Needle Positions||Left / Right / Centre|
|Tutorial CD / DVD||No|
|Voltage||Dual Voltage 110-240 Volts|
FREE deliveries on all sewing machines within the UK mainland excludes highland, Islands and weekends.
Under £30 - delivery starts at 0.99p (weight/size dependent)
Over £30 - delivery is free in UK mainland
We use Royal Mail post for all small/med packages which are sent out same day where possible if ordered before 1 pm.
Usual delivery timescale 2-4 days. (7-14 days Airmail outside the UK)
Larger Items: Sewing machines, overlockers.
Free UK main area next working day insured delivery.
We use DPD, UPS, UK Mail and Parcel Force with pick-ups twice a day. UK next working day delivery for large items which are usually shipped the same day where possible if ordered before 3pm.
- We can deliver on Saturday or Sundays as well as any week day.
- And with a 15 minute delivery time slot.
There could be delays caused due to circumstances beyond our control but we will do what we can to limit these and ensure you get your order as quickly as possible.
Non standard & further detailed delivery information for europe or worldwide can be found here. All delivery time-scales are given as a guide only.